cave canem

Cave Canem- Beware the Dog

Friday, April 13, 2012

In Which I Talk About Nothing in Particular


 In Which I Talk About Nothing in Particular


 It's funny how things work out sometimes. Your head can be buzzing with ideas all day that seem to demand to be written down, but by the time you've gotten a piece of paper and a pen they've slunk back into the dark corners of your mind like roaches running from a flashlight.

I'm sorry, that wasn't a very good metaphor.

All problems aside, I am a writer. And this, I suppose, is a writer's blog.

I doubt it if many people will read this, frankly. Still, putting down my thoughts like this will be good practice, if nothing else, and putting them in public like this will most likely motivate me to write more frequently, just in case.

I don't really have much to say right now. My thoughts are not particularly organized. I guess that's what comes of staying up all night bothering people for world building advice rather than sleeping.

I guess I will talk about myself for a bit.

I mostly write speculative fiction stories. I've always got a few story ideas simmering in my head, but most don't actually make it to paper. Currently, their number includes two urban fantasies, a low fantasy, a parody fantasy, and what I think qualifies as sci-fi. The parody fantasy was supposed to be an online serial novel; it's the reason I made this account in the first place. I'm still working on writing some buffer chapters, though, and I thought it would be a pity to let the account just sit here while I'm working on it.

You know, I think writing this has actually motivated me to go work on a story. Maybe there is something to this blogging business. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment